Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Happy Thanksgiving!!

I am not going to bore you all with a long winded drawn out post about my sometimes misadventures in parenthood this week (I'll save that for next Wednesday). For this week I will simply leave you with a wish for a Safe and Happy Turkey day.

I wish I had a crazy anecdote to share with you about Thanksgiving like the time my long lost crazy uncle (Lord knows I have a few of those around) dropped in unexpectedly and hilarity ensued but I don't.

Thanksgiving in my house was always something rather subdued and relaxed and very even keeled. I guess it was a day that made up for all the craziness of the rest of the year; a day off from the hustle and bustle that was our non-stop go get em existence. We didn't have to run to practice or games and mom didn't have to jump in the car 18 times for my brother and me.

She had to cook which I guess is stressful enough when you are preparing a grandiose meal for hungry family members but other than that Thanksgiving was always the calm holiday free of drama.

However you celebrate just remember why you are celebrating and enjoy your day off with family or friends or both.
Happy Turkey Day ... that bird ain't gonna eat itself now get stuffin ...

No comments:

Post a Comment