Thursday, January 17, 2013

Make Yourself a Great Day

Where to begin?

It has been a while since I have posted here. The holidays crept up on me and kept me busy with great family and friends. The kids have both been sick, but not at the same time. It seems that when one gets healthy and we start to sleep again on a normal schedule the other one is either running a fever or puking on something.

I feel I have been growing beyond my years and beyond myself lately and I want this life to slow down a little bit. My son is amazing and he is stubborn and he talks back and he is becoming this little independent boy who doesn't need us for much other than his sustenance and the occasional butt wiping everyday. My daughter is crawling and getting into things and becoming not an infant anymore right in front of my eyes. Please Lord make it stop.

My wife and I seem to have grown into this symbiotic entity that operates without really having to speak about what we are doing. We both know what we need to do and how to do it and even though we don't communicate to the best of our abilities at times, things just get done and everyone is happy at the end of the day.

We are not without flaws as partners and as parents but that is what makes life beautiful. We fight with each other from time to time and we might make mistakes about parenting or differ in our styles but at the end of the day we both laugh and say "I love you" and we go to bed happy. I guess this is what you call a happy marriage. If it is then I don't want it to ever end.

I always have this intention to be entertaining to you (whatever readers I have left after my hiatus) but today I just want to express to you all how lucky I feel to be living this life that I live. Even though I don't have my ideal job and I don't earn what I ideally would like to earn, I have a great family and a loving home that I can be proud of and I have never felt so complete in my life.

I don't have an anecdote for you today and I don't have a lesson. I only wanted to wish everyone a good day and to let everyone know that we are still alive and we are living life. I am sorry I haven't had anything for you recently but hopefully that will change. I am going to make a conscious effort to write more and to learn more and hopefully I can inspire someone else to have fun and love their life.

A great day, and by extension a great life just doesn't happen. You've gotta make it happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment