Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Origin of the story ...

The origin of the name "Dada's Shoes" is something of a cute kind of story.

I have a lot of shoes. I also have a tendency to leave my shoes laying around the house, which drives my wife insane.

It goes like this. Dada gets home from work. He sits down in his chair with the little one and pets the dogs. The shoes come off. There they lay until the next morning or, more likely, until my wife walks by and says "there's dada's shoes again where they shouldn't be", before moving them to the shoe closet in the hallway (or throwing them down the basement stairs).

She has said this so many times that my son caught on very early and started picking them up and saying "these dada's shoes" and throwing them in the hallway with a sigh. It became sort of a running joke around the house due to the fact that it was one of the first phrases from the kids mouth.

Here's to my penchant for shoes and the greatest ones ever worn.

No comments:

Post a Comment